Sat, Oct 22|
"FOR x CHANGE " Waipi'o Lowlands Clean Up w/ Kānaka Climbers
We are a Native Hawaiian led non-profit organization that aims to encourage a more responsible and ethical outdoor recreational community in Hawaiʻi. We focus on providing vital, culture based education surrounding hiking & climbing.
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2022, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM HST
Waipio, Waipio, HI, USA
About the event
8:15 - 8:30AM: Meet on Moaniani Street on sidewalk in front of
Paradise Beverages 94-1450 Moaniani St. Waipahu 96797
Due to limited parking at site we will meet on Moaniani & carpool w/ masks to the clean up site.
- No Bathrooms on site, nearest public bathrooms are at Waipiʻo Neighborhood Park
- Insects/bugs are on site, plants are in bloom. - bring allergy medications as needed
What to bring:
– SHOES ARE REQUIRED.
– Clothing that can get dirty (long sleeve shirt and pants highly recommended!!)
– Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
– Reusable water bottle(s) and plenty of water (1/2 gallon recommended)
– Snacks and any medications or allergy medication if needed
– Rain jacket (in case of inclement weather)
TOOLS: All community tools and gloves have been sanitized, we will provide tools and gloves but you are welcome to bring your own tools/gloves.