Sat, Feb 05|
Makakilo Community Recreation Center
"FOR x CHANGE " Pālehua Restoration w/ Dr. Mashuri Waite (Sat 02/05/22)
Dr. Mashuri Waite, responsible for initiating the Manoa Cliffs Restoration Project among many other projects & studies around the the world. Join us to restore the sandalwood and 'a'ali'i exclosure!
Time & Location
Feb 05, 2022, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Makakilo Community Recreation Center, 92-1140 Makakilo Dr, Kapolei, HI 96707, USA
About the event
We will meet at the Makakilo Community Recreation Center parking then at (9:00AM) drive together to the site.
What to bring:
– SHOES ARE REQUIRED.
– Clothing that can get dirty (long sleeve shirt and pants highly recommended!!)
– Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
– Reusable water bottle(s) and plenty of water (1/2 gallon recommended)
– Snacks and any medications needed
– Rain jacket (in case of inclement weather)
TOOLS: All community tools and gloves have been sanitized, we will provide tools and gloves but you are welcome to bring your own tools/gloves.
ACTIVITIES: Short hike to the restoration site. Clearing grasses,
Efforts are to restore the sandalwood and 'a'ali'i exclosure.