Sat, Jul 02|
"FOR x CHANGE " Nuʻuanu, Kapena Falls State Park w/ Kānaka Climbers
Kānaka Climbers & The State Parks are working on accurately accounting and protecting all cultural and historical resources at Nuʻuanu, Kapena Falls State Park.
Time & Location
Jul 02, 2022, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM HST
Honolulu, 2233 Nuuanu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
About the event
We will meet at Nuuanu Memorial Park & Mortuary
2233 Nuuanu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
(Please park on street then meet in lower parking lot near large green maintenance shed)
Closest bathroom is 145 N Kuakini St Liliʻuokalani Botanical Garden
What to bring:
– SHOES ARE REQUIRED.
– Clothing that can get dirty (long sleeve shirt and pants highly recommended!!)
– Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
– Reusable water bottle(s) and plenty of water (1/2 gallon recommended)
– Snacks and any medications needed
– Rain jacket (in case of inclement weather)
TOOLS: All community tools and gloves have been sanitized, we will provide tools and gloves but you are welcome to bring your own tools/gloves.
ACTIVITIES: Short hike to the restoration site. Clearing invasive snake plants, & collecting trash.