Sat, Apr 02|
"FOR x CHANGE " Ala Mahamoe Restoration w/ KMWP (Saturaday 4/2/22)
KMWP is responsible for protecting & preserving watersheds throughout the entire Ko'olaus. Join us to help restore their Ala Mahamoe site in Moanalua!
Time & Location
Apr 02, 2022, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Honolulu, 1812 Ala Mahamoe St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA
About the event
We will meet across 1812 Ala Mahamoe Street, Mauka side of street curbisde at restoration site sign.
Closest bathroom is Moanalua Community Park
What to bring:
– SHOES ARE REQUIRED.
– Clothing that can get dirty (long sleeve shirt and pants highly recommended!!)
– Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
– Reusable water bottle(s) and plenty of water (1/2 gallon recommended)
– Snacks and any medications needed
– Rain jacket (in case of inclement weather)
TOOLS: All community tools and gloves have been sanitized, we will provide tools and gloves but you are welcome to bring your own tools/gloves.
ACTIVITIES: Short hike to the restoration site. Clearing grasses,
Efforts are to restore the sandalwood and 'a'ali'i exclosure.